How working in an office can boost your career (and mood)
Does your accent affect job prospects?
Temporary vs Fixed Term Contract – What is the difference?
Looking for a job ?
Seasoned Business EA - Fast-paced Commodities, City
Personal Assistant - Inspirational Philanthropist
Executive Assistant for Real Estate Finance Principal
Private PA to HNW Academic
Marketing Assistant Job Description
Working as a Marketing Assistant can be an exciting and challenging job. One minute you might be strategising with the marketing managers/directors and the next rolling up your sleeves and implementing the ideas. The job is often highly varied and requires a strong creative flare.
What Marketing Assistants do
A Marketing Assistant will support the rest of the marketing team with planning, executing, and tracking marketing campaigns. This might be developing new marketing strategies, conducting data research and putting together reports, analysing data, monitoring campaigns and evaluating results. However, in smaller companies, they might also work on organising events and providing administrative support for other departments, such as sales, finance and operations.
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work with the marketing team to manage brand and marketing initiatives.
- Help plan and execute the marketing strategy
- Develop and monitor marketing campaigns
- Perform market and client research
- Analyse data from reporting tools
- Create reports on marketing performance
- Manage schedules for marketing initiatives
- Assist with social media and website content
- Attend trade shows and company events
- Organise and manage marketing assets
- Coordinate and commission photography, videos and infographics
- Liaise with external agencies
Skills & qualifications required
This can be an entry-level or graduate job or one for a second-jobber with office experience in a relevant industry. Knowledge of software like Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Analytics and working with a CMS will be beneficial. As would skills in videography, photography and graphic design.
- University degree or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Understanding of basic business and marketing concepts
- Excellent time management skills
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and social abilities
- Ability to spot emerging trends
- Familiarity with social media, social networking, email marketing and search engines
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong writing and copy-editing abilities
- Creative thinking
Salaries for Marketing Assistant jobs in London range from £25,000 - £35,000.
If you’re looking for a Personal assistant, Executive Assistant, Private PA, Virtual Assistant or other Office Admin jobs please contact one of our recruitment consultants on 020 7468 0400 or email us.