My client is a very successful international boutique finance company, but the environment is very informal and social. They strongly believe that work should be fun and they encourage an inclusive and happy culture, lots of laughter and not ‘heads down’. There are 15/20 people in the Mayfair office where the feel is more start-up than traditional boutique finance.
I am looking for a people-orientated Office Manager to join the busy team and enable them to be more effective and the office to run like clockwork. You will need to have at least 2 years experience in a similar role, but you do not need a background in finance. You may come from a hospitality or media background, or other where the pace is fast and you have had to use your initiative and been an ambassador for the business, highly organised and enjoy being an integral part of a team. This is a very important role for them, they would like you to grow the role and make it your own.
Office Duties and Responsibilities
• First point of contact to external building Property Manager, suppliers, contractors, and relevant internal Head Office departments (such as Facilities and IT)
• Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify and fulfil office supply needs, maintain and manage suppliers
• Maintain the office condition and arrange repairs as and when required
• Supervision of cleaning company ensuring that cleaning is carried out according to the agreed specification
• Lead on Health and Safety, ensuring policies and procedures are created and implemented as required; Fire and First Aid Compliance
• Ensuring company contracts are filed appropriately and information is up-to-date
• Timely awareness of forthcoming renewals
• Negotiating new supplier contracts, including insurance policy renewals
• Support IT and HR with on- and off-boarding of staff; organise setup of workplace for new joiners
• Oversee the guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office
• Administration and handing out of keys and entry codes for staff’s access to building and floor
• Process incoming and outgoing mail, instruct couriers
• Assist in organising company events both internal and external
• Admin support where required
• Overall quality control and implement improvements in the areas listed above
• Support the local accounting process by checking and processing received invoices, preparing bank payments, and provide necessary data and information to the external bookkeeper
• Other appropriate duties as and when required
• Assist in (travel) expenses reimbursements for staff
We act as an employment agency for this role. Knightsbridge Recruitment specialise in Chiefs of Staff, EAs, PAs, Private PAs, Team Assistants, Receptionists and Office Managers across all industries. If you are already registered with us please contact your consultant directly. Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to respond to them all individually.